Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance is a must for all businesses. The insurance offered protects you against those liabilities that might be incurred as a result of your business dealings with customers, individuals or organizations. Depending on the size of the business being insured, coverage can extended through a Business Office Package (BOP)* policy. Regardless of how coverage is obtained, there are many types of liabilities that could be claimed against you or your business. Luckily several of these exposures are offered protection via a CGL policy. Those items include but are not limited to:
- Bodily Injury – physical injury to a non-employed individual
- Products-Completed Operations – liability protection arising from your company’s completed products or services
- Contractual Liability – liability assumed by entering into a variety of different types of contracts (i.e., a building lease)
- Fire, Lightning or Explosion Damage – coverage for damage to the property of others resulting from fire, lightning or explosion damage which you caused
- Hired Auto & Non-Owned Auto Hired Auto – coverage that replaces or augments the liability coverage offered by auto rental agencies (i.e., Hired Autos). This does not replace the physical damage coverage that applies to any damage you cause to the vehicle. Non-Owned Auto coverage protects your company if sued as a result of an auto accident that you or one of your employees is involved in while driving a personal vehicle for company business.
- Medical Payments – are available for accidental injury occurring on the insured premises.
- Personal & Advertising Injury – coverage for accusations of libel or slander, copyright violations, violations of a person’s right of privacy, false arrest – detaining – imprisoning, malicious prosecution or wrongfully eviction.
* A BOP is a multifaceted policy that is designed for small to medium sized businesses. Additional coverage not commonly associated with a CGL policy are provided coverage by a BOP policy. Some of those additional items include: Business Personal Property; Business Interruption; Crime (i.e., employee theft); Plate Glass; etc.
Contact Us today so we can help you secure your Commercial General Liability coverage.